A meditation for you!
Your free meditation is waiting for you!
Click on the button below to download your meditation. Scroll down for the ceremonial cacao recipe.
You can also find the meditation and the recipe in your inbox. Enjoy!
From my heart to yours,
Cacao Recipe & Ceremony Ritual
There is nothing better than to spend time with yourself and Soul under the pleasure of a cup of ceremonial cacao.
Whether you want to have a full cacao ceremony at home, or you want to have a conscious moment of connection during the day, Soul Cacao is here to help.
As you may know, 100% pure ceremonial cacao is bitter. If you’re a die-hard (I’m not) you can drink your cacao pure, without any added ingredients.
From my Mayan Teachers, I have learned however, it’s okay to add some sweetness to the bitterness of the cacao (and life). You can do this respectfully, without corrupting the qualities and works of the cacao. There are many kinds of recipes that you can try, but below you can find my all-time favorite.
HOW MUCH CACAO?
You might wonder how much cacao you should use. This depends on your purpose for drinking the cacao:
– replacement for coffee: 10 grams
– meditation moment: 15 grams
– ceremony moment: 35 grams
- 10/15/35 grams Soul Cacao
- 100 ml water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Pour the water into a pan and heat it over a low heat.
- Gradually add your Soul Cacao.
- Whisk the cacao until the mixture becomes smooth, well combined and you see little bubbles. You can use a blender for this, but if you can do this buy hand, it’s even better.
- Add the other ingredients to the blend. Remember, ceremonial cacao is traditionally consumed without a lot of added sweetness.
- Continue to stir the mixture gently over low heat for about 5–10 minutes, allowing the cacao to fully dissolve and blend with the other ingredients.
- Make sure you don’t let the water boil! A maximum of 80 degrees in total.
- Once everything is well combined, pour the ceremonial cacao into your favorite cup, and it’s ready to be enjoyed!
Cacao Ceremony Ritual
- Take your cup of cacao to a nice space where you won’t be disturbed.
- You can light a candle to open the ceremony space. Burn some sage, incense or palo santo to clear the energy field around you.
- Close your eyes.
- Hold the cup of cacao in front of your heart. Take a few deep breaths in and out, to land into your body.
- As you continue to breathe consciously, set your intention. Say it out loud or in yourself.
- Drink your cacao. Drink slow, and mindfully. Feel what drinking the cacao does to you.
- After you’ve finished your cacao, if you want, journal about how you’re feeling now before you’ve done the meditation.
- Do the meditation.
- When you’re done, journal about what you’ve experienced during the meditation. Let your thoughts just free flow and write intuitively. Let your Soul lead the way.
- When you’re done, take a few deep breaths in and out. Place your hand on your heart. Thank your Soul and the Cacao for its guidance.
- Open your eyes. When you’re ready, and enjoy the rest of your day.